Saturday, February 18, 2006

Spout Springs

Spout Springs is a little known ski area in the Blue Mountains. Here I found another resort with plenty of fresh powder, and almost no traffic. Most of my runs were by myself, and for most of the day, the only tracks in the powder were my own. A little traversing away from the groomed runs under the lift, and there were many lines to enjoy through the trees and all across the hill. I kept finding stashes of powder all day long, enjoying the sunshine and hospitality of the friendly folks in the lodge in between. The trip to the lift is a little flat for a beginner snowboarder, but after a few trips I found that a little cut through the trees left me with enough speed to make it all the way around. It was nice to have a whole mountain all to myself - and the powder here was the driest I had found yet.

No comments: