Sunday, February 19, 2006

Anthony Lakes

Anthony Lakes was a great way to end my adventure (not that the adventure is over!). The last resort on my list for the Ski Oregon Challenge, A-Lakes proved to be one of the best. The powder here is dry and deep, and the 8,000 foot summit means plenty of good snow, plus amazing views. I was impressed at the amount and variety of terrain that spread out below the one main lift. From the boardercross course to the ungroomed backside, and all the steeps in between, every run at Anthony Lakes was a dry powder pleasure. It was clear that the secret is out - there were certainly quite a few folks enjoying the supreme conditions - but even with a full lot, there is so much room to spread across the face of the hill that I rarely found anyone in my path. Another beautiful and sunny day on the mountain, and the joy of fresh air and fresh powder. This was a great season to get serious about learning to snowboard.

No comments: