Saturday, December 31, 2005

Mt. Bachelor

I purchased a snowboard and then drove straight to Bachelor the next weekend, anticipating the thrill of trying out my new board. By the end of December, I had decided that I would like to make it to all the ski areas in the state (who knew there was a Ski Oregon Challenge?), and to that end I had bought my first snowboard. Bachelor was the perfect location to test out my new gear. After a couple of runs down the hill, I was all smiles, and glad to be there for a true powder day. On the drive up, I had been worried about too much snow, but my fears were allayed once I took to the hill. Conditions were great, and there would be fresh dry powder all day long. I met up with my sister, her husband, and a family friend, and we all took our boards up to try out the moguls. Not having any experience on moguls, the first run was a little bumpy, but I started to get the hang of it quickly, and by the end of the day I was actually carving turns with confidence. A full day at Bachelor called for some relaxation, so we all went back to Sunriver to enjoy a soak in the hot tub. Good times!

No comments: