Sunday, December 2, 2007

Cooper Spur

Thanks to some early season powder, Cooper Spur was my destination of choice for today. I brought along Boringfish, a good friend of mine who is still mastering the basics of snowboarding. It was an amazing powder day, and the snow came down all afternoon. We got a late start, enjoying a leisurely breakfast, and got to the hill a little after noon. From the snowy drive up, we could tell there would be plenty of fresh powder - but I was actually surprised by the accumulation. It made for a somewhat difficult day for Boringfish, as getting up in such deep snow poses challenges, and I found some spots where the drifts were deeper than the length of my arm. Overall, it made for a memorable day of snowboarding, and a nice mellow afternoon after the long drive up and back to Mount Baker.

No comments: