Saturday, March 6, 2010

Skiesta at Mt. Ashland




Conditions today at Mt. Ashland were surprisingly good. Even though the snow was a few days old, there were untracked patches, and the powder remained light and fluffy on upper slopes. It was a fantastic day to be on the mountain, with festivities ongoing, including a dummy downhill. I enjoyed a full day of riding on the steeps and in the trees, and found the snow was soft and very ridable all over. I hit it hard for the morning, doing fast laps on the Ariel and Windsor chairs, and poking around the trees below the bowl.

The dummy downhill was a great diversion in the early afternoon, and after a few more laps, I was done for the day. With more and larger turns on tap for tomorrow, I decided to call it a good day and get on my way.

No comments: